Knights Hill Hotel & Spa,
Best Western Plus Orton Hall Hotel & Spa ,
Le Strange Arms Hotel
Our CSR statement is in two parts -
1. Our Social Policy in our Local Community
2. Our Environmental Policy
Our Social Policy in our Local Community
- We use local suppliers, so far as is possible to minimise transport and CO2 emissions but also promote local produce.We use local trade's people and companies for property maintenance and operation.
- We work closely with the local authorities and all statutory authorities to ensure that we operate our business above the minimum standards for Environmental Health and Safety.
- So far as is possible we ensure that all areas of the hotel are accessible for mobility impaired customers.
- We pro-actively maintain the appearance and environment around the hotel in keeping with a conservation area.
- We work with local schools and colleges to provide work experience and career development.
We support and sponsor many local community groups and charities with fund raising and resources.
Our Environmental Policy
- We work with Green Tourism Business Scheme to improve our standards of green business.
- We actively monitor our energy consumption and investigate initiatives to reduce our consumption.
- We recycle our cardboard, glass, plastic and cooking oils.
- We use recycled paper wherever possible.
- We encourage the re-use of guest towels and change bed linen only on demand.
- We have installed a large proportion of low energy and long life light bulbs.
- All heating and hot water plant are regularly maintained and insulated and set at optimum comfort and energy consumption levels.
- When equipment is renewed we source the most energy efficient product.
- We encourage the use of public transport or car sharing on business travel.