Corporate, Social, Responsibility Statement
Knights Hill Hotel & Spa,
Best Western Plus Orton Hall Hotel & Spa ,
Le Strange Arms Hotel
Our CSR statement is in two parts -
1. Our Social Policy in our Local Community
2. Our Environmental Policy
Our Social Policy in our Local Community
- We use local suppliers, so far as is possible to minimise transport and CO2 emissions but also promote local produce.We use local trade's people and companies for property maintenance and operation.
- We work closely with the local authorities and all statutory authorities to ensure that we operate our business above the minimum standards for Environmental Health and Safety.
- So far as is possible we ensure that all areas of the hotel are accessible for mobility impaired customers.
- We pro-actively maintain the appearance and environment around the hotel in keeping with a conservation area.
- We work with local schools and colleges to provide work experience and career development.
- We support and sponsor many local community groups and charities with fund raising and resources.
Our Environmental Policy
- We work with Green Tourism Business Scheme to improve our standards of green business.
- We actively monitor our energy consumption and investigate initiatives to reduce our consumption.
- We recycle our cardboard, glass, plastic and cooking oils.
- We use recycled paper wherever possible.
- We encourage the re-use of guest towels and change bed linen only on demand.
- We have installed a large proportion of low energy and long life light bulbs.
- All heating and hot water plant are regularly maintained and insulated and set at optimum comfort and energy consumption levels.
- When equipment is renewed we source the most energy efficient product.
- We encourage the use of public transport or car sharing on business travel.